Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blessed Re-assurance


There was a time when I was sure that I was dying from a certain ailment and can remember telling the Lord that if it was going to happen, it was going to happen. I told him that if I had to die so that others could come to the funeral and hear a good salvation message and give their hearts to Him, then I was ready. I was so gravely serious and so willing to go.

Then He spoke and said this:
Joan, I really appreciate you wanting to die so others can be saved, but its not necessary for you to die for them, My son already did that. I then busted out in such laughter that I couldn't help but come out of my seriousness and thank Him for His patience with me. That was 3o years ago and I'm still here. I just love how He surprises us with his tender mercy.

@jmb

2 comments:

  1. What a great story! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! Very good for me to hear. . . I often think I have to do God's job for Him when He is perfectly capable of doing it Himself! I share and often try to convict others of the Truth - but that is His job!

    ReplyDelete